Hope you’re weekend is going great, remember to keep pampering yourself and get some rest :)
So today is ‘Something Sunday’, so I’m coming at you with a What’s in my Bag? post. I love watching these on YouTube and reading them on all your blogs, so I thought I’d show you guys what’s in there.
First of all, the bag. This is a lovely simple bag from H&M, i got this in New York for $20 – bargain! It’s the perfect size for day-to-day life and is black so goes with literally everything! I always keep my bag on the chest at the end of the bed, it just means I’m never looking for it in a mad rush. Let’s open it up…
1. Cath Kidston Purse – I’ve had this for at least 18 months now and it’s lasted me reall well. There are a good number of card slots for me to organise my license, club cards, vouchers, etc. There’s a nice big coin section too. The pattern is really nice and it’s a water proof material, typical Cath Kidston style.
2. Cath Kidston Glasses case – I got this last Christmas and it’s just a really pretty case and fits my glasses in perfectly.
3. Sephora Make-Up Bag – This is where I keep all my toiletries, cosmetics, etc that I carry around day-to-day. I’m going to show you exactly what’s in there in further down. I got this bag as a part of a Limited Edition Brush set, which you can read my review of here.
4. Slipper Socks – These were part of a 2 pair set from Primark for £3. They’re super comfy and thick and I carry these around because when I go to other people’s houses or rehearsals, I don’t like keeping my shoes on, so I always swap to slipper socks.
5. Note book – I’ve just finished this one now, but I always carry a little note pad around with me for on-going to-do lists in the front, then blog post schedules/ideas in the back.
6. Sunglasses – From H&M for £4.50. These are really cute and match pretty much all my outfits and with this weird Indian Summer Heat Wave that we’re having in England, I need to always have these on me when driving, otherwise I literally can’t see.
7. Stage2 Business Cards – This company is really important to me, which is why I always carry around business cards to hand out to anyone I meet around and about who might be interested.
8. Keys – Just my car keys, house keys and the keys for work. One key chain is a little monkey and the other one is an RSC bottle opener that I got when I signed up for their 16-25 key card scheme.
9. Biros – for writing in my notebook/diary, I always have different colours because I have a little bit of colour coding going on.
10. Phone – I hate this phone. I broke my iPhone a month or so ago, so this is just my replacement until I get my new phone (hopefully this week!)
11. Play – I always carry around a play or a book with me. At the moment, I’m taking plays around because I’m reading the plays my audition monologues come from. This is Picasso’s Women by Brian McAvera – such a beautiful play exploring the lives of the women involved with the famous painter.
12.Diary – just normal from WH Smiths going from 2014-2015, it’s super slim and is enough room for anything I need to write in for the days.
1. Benefit Browzings – for a bit of brow touching up.
2. Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder – in the shade Translucent just to stop any shininess.
3. Soap and Glory Hand Food – this is the most amazing hand cream. I love it so much and use it all the time just to help keep my skin nourished.
4. Boots Nail File – I’m trying to kick my nail biting habit, so I always bring a nail file to get to anything that I’d otherwise bite.
5. Travel hair brush and bobble – This is so useful because it’s a brush and comb so I can touch up any styles, I also wrap a bobble around it so that if I need to tie my hair up, I can.
6. Hand wipes – so useful, you never know what you could spill or touch and so this is so important for just keeping my hands fresh and clean. Also really useful for make-up malfunctions.
7. Real Techniques Shader Brush – this is actually what I use to apply the powder for Browzings, so it keeps it topped up.
8. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer – If you’ve read my Dupe VS High End: Maybelline Fit Me VS Nars Creamy Radiance blog post, you’ll know I adore this concealer for every day use and I like keeping it in my bag for little touch ups if necessary.
9. Real Techniques Powder Brush – I know this has the bottom of the handle missing, but I don’t mind because now it fits into any make-up bag for on the go.
10. Rimmel London Lip Gloss – this was just the lip gloss I was wearing the other day. I always swap lip glosses and lip sticks in and out of here every day.
11. Impulse Travel Body Spray – in this heat, it’s good to have something fresh smelling in case you start getting a bit sweaty.
12. Contact lenses – in case mine pop out and I’m in a situation where I can’t wear my glasses (like at work).
13. Nivea Honey Lip Balm – this is so nice and nourishing for your lips, so I always have it around to keep them hydrated.
14. Contact Lense Solution – sometimes in different environments, my lenses start to feel a bit dry or irritated, so this is really good for a simple solution.
15. Pain killers – I have a thing where if my blood sugar drops really low or if I’m in a certain type of light, I can get head aches. I can usually predict them, so I just take a pain killer if I feel one coming on and it helps to stop it. Also, it’s useful to carry these round because when you hang around with females, someone is always on and in need of pain relief.
On one side, there’s a couple of little pockets. In the bigger on is where I keep my keys and the smaller on is for business cards and pens.
On the other side is a larger zip pocket, in which I keep glasses, sunglasses and my phone.The rest of the stuff is kept in the main pocket. Of course the contents of my bag varies day to day, and I will usually have things like water and gum or a snack when I’m out for longer.
I hope you enjoyed this post, I always love reading these and I hope you like reading this and having a nosey into my handbag.
‘No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world’